La Paloma Academy’s Central Campus is seeking an enrichment teacher for the 2020-2021 academic year.
The ideal candidate will provide enrichment lessons in science, math, and ELA, and will monitor students’ progress and mastery of concepts in preparation for benchmark and state testing. This is a salaried position, paying 39k-44k annually, based on experience.
The Central campus of La Paloma Academy is one of the highest-performing charter schools in Arizona and has been rated a “B” school by the Arizona Department of Education. We were also voted a “Top 3 Charter School” by the Arizona Daily Star readers.
Academically, we are a Beyond Textbooks partner, utilize the Pearson math curriculum, and employ the Arizona College and Career Ready Standards to improve educational outcomes and raise the bar for student performance.
We offer incentives such as a signing bonus, Prop 301 incentive bonus, AzM2 incentive bonus, and enrollment in the Arizona State Retirement System.
La Paloma Academy’s Central Campus is located at 2050 N. Wilmot Road (Grant/Wilmot) in Tucson. Call the office at 520-721-4205 to arrange a visit and take a tour of our amazing school.
Join us in this dynamic work environment and be a part of our passionate and dedicated team as we prepare our community’s youth for a successful future.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS (Please do not apply if you do not meet ALL minimum requirements):
- Valid IVP Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong communication skills
- Self-directed personality traits
- Courteous and professional demeanor and dress
- Able to work 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday
- Ability to operate computers, classroom technology, and computer software (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, copiers, and cell phone functions such as text, email, etc.)
ALSO DESIRED (NOT required):
- Track record of past academic achievement with children
- Willingness to bring other skills, abilities, ideas, and time to the school in the form of after school student offerings, or by the sponsoring of after school clubs
- Experience working in the charter school sector
If you would like to apply for a position at La Paloma, please take a few moments to fill out the Employment Application and then submit using the form below.