La Paloma Academy’s Central Campus is seeking a special education teacher for the 2019-2020 academic year. The ideal candidate will be hard-working, energetic, driven, and appropriately qualified.
The Central campus of La Paloma Academy is one of the highest-performing charter schools in Arizona and has been rated a “B” school by the Arizona Department of Education. We were also voted a “Top 3 Charter School” by the Arizona Daily Star readers.
Academically, we are a Beyond Textbooks partner, utilize the Pearson math curriculum, and employ the Arizona College and Career Ready Standards to improve educational outcomes and raise the bar for student performance.
We offer a competitive salary, with available incentives such as a signing bonus, Prop 301 incentive bonus, AzMERIT incentive bonus, and enrollment in the Arizona State Retirement System.
La Paloma Academy’s Central Campus is located at 2050 N. Wilmot Road (Grant/Wilmot) in Tucson. Call the office at 520-721-4205 to arrange a visit and take a tour of our amazing school.
Join us in this dynamic work environment and be a part of our passionate and dedicated team as we prepare our community’s youth for a successful future.
- Maintaining IEPs
- Understanding protocols within special education and/or school procedures
- Overseeing and consulting with teachers to ensure services are delivered in accordance with the IEP
- Resource and Inclusion implementation
- Helping to implement Arizona Common Core Standards
- Communicating effectively and professionally with colleagues, parents, and school districts
- Supervising students with IEPs while working in the classroom
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS (Please do not apply if you do not meet ALL minimum requirements):
- Valid IVP Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong communication skills
- Self-directed personality traits
- Courteous and professional demeanor and dress
- Able to work 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday
- Ability to operate computers, classroom technology, and computer software (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, copiers, and cell phone functions such as text, email, etc.)
ALSO DESIRED (NOT required)
- Track record of past academic achievement with children
- Willingness to bring other skills, abilities, ideas, and time to the school in the form of after-school student offerings, or by the sponsoring of after-school club
- Experience working in the charter school sector
If you would like to apply for a position at La Paloma, please take a few moments to fill out the Employment Application and then submit using the form below.