La Paloma Academy’s South Campus is teachers for the 2021-2022 academic year. The ideal candidate will be hard-working, energetic, driven, and appropriately qualified. Subjects to be taught will include math, language arts, social studies, and more.
Academically, we are a Beyond Textbooks partner and employ the Arizona College and Career Ready Standards to improve educational outcomes and raise the bar for student performance.
We offer a competitive salary, with some available incentives such as a Prop 301 incentive bonus, AzMERIT incentive bonus, and enrollment in the Arizona State Retirement System.
La Paloma Academy’s South Campus is located at 5660 S. 12th Ave. in Tucson. Call the office at 520-807-9668 to arrange a visit and take a tour of our amazing school.
Join us in this dynamic work environment and be a part of our passionate and dedicated team as we prepare our community’s youth for a successful future.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS (Please do not apply if you do not meet ALL minimum requirements):
- K-8 teaching certificate (from any state) OR Highly Qualified as defined by the state of Arizona
- Valid IVP Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong communication skills
- Self-directed personality traits
- Courteous and professional demeanor and dress
- Able to work 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday
- Ability to operate computers, classroom technology, and computer software (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, copiers, and cell phone functions such as text, email, etc.)
ALSO DESIRED (NOT required):
- Track record of past academic achievement with children
- Willingness to bring other skills, abilities, ideas, and time to the school in the form of after school student offerings, or by the sponsoring of after school clubs
- Experience working in the charter school sector
If you would like to apply for a position at La Paloma, please take a few moments to fill out the Employment Application and then submit using the form below.