We have a position available for a long-term sub for 2nd grade teacher at La Paloma Academy – Central Campus for the upcoming 2021-2022 school year. We have a family environment and treat our teachers with great respect. We recently purchased a new curriculum and will provide support for our substitute. We are also a Beyond Textbooks partner. Long-term Sub pay is $150/day. We are currently interviewing, so do not hesitate!
In the 2021-2022 school year, LPA Central teachers will be serving in-person students only – there will be no Distance Learning requirements for our teachers. Our teaching contracts are 190-day Contracts.
La Paloma Academy Central is a charter school located at 2050 N. Wilmot Road in Tucson. Feel free to visit and take a tour of the school. The campus is amazing, and our enrollment continues to grow.
We are looking for an energetic and dedicated individual to join us in our dynamic work environment, serving our community’s youth. College degree preferred.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS (Please do not apply if you do not meet ALL minimum requirements):
- Applicants need to be highly qualified/certified as defined by the State of Arizona
- Applicants should have relevant experience
- Valid IVP Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Strong communication skills
- Self-directed personality traits
- Courteous and professional demeanor and dress
- Ability to work 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday
- Ability to operate computers, classroom technology, and computer software (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, copiers, and cell phone functions such as text, email, etc.)
- Associates Degree
ALSO DESIRED (not required):
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Track record of past academic achievement with children
- Willingness to bring other skills, abilities, ideas, and time to the school in the form of after-school student offerings, or by the sponsoring of after-school clubs
- Experience working in the charter school sector
If you would like to apply for a position at La Paloma, please take a few moments to fill out the Employment Application and then submit using the form below.