We are urgently hiring a highly qualified K-3rd Grade Paraprofessionals for the 2022-2023 school year, assisting in all classes, helping teachers, and providing support for students.
We are looking for candidates who are ready to join our great team and will continue to help us grow. We have a family environment and treat our team with respect.
La Paloma Academy (Lakeside Campus) is located at 8140 E. Golf Links Rd. in Tucson. The office is open M-F from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. The campus is amazing and our enrollment continues to grow. We are looking for energetic and dedicated teachers to join us in this dynamic work environment, serving our community’s youth.
Starting pay is starting at $14/hour, depending on experience. Applicants must have experience working with children between the ages of 5-16, and must have a current AZ Fingerprint Clearance Card. Must be willing to work the following hours: M-F 7:30a.m. – 3:30p.m.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS (Please do not apply if you do not meet ALL minimum requirements):
- Background check
- Must have the following credentials:
- Associate’s degree (60 hours of college credit)
- A passing score on one of the approved paraprofessional assessments
- Valid IVP Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Willing to follow all state mandates (currently masks are required on school campus)
- Minimum of a high school diploma (or equivalent)
- Strong communication skills
- Self-directed personality traits
- Candidate must love working with children, and bring creativity into the classroom
- Courteous and professional demeanor and dress
- Must be a team player and highly flexible
- Ability to operate computers, classroom technology, and computer software (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, copiers, and cell phone functions such as text, email, etc.)
ALSO DESIRED (not required):
- Track record of past academic achievement with children
- Willingness to bring other skills, abilities, ideas, and time to the school
- Experience working in the charter school sector
If you would like to apply for a position at La Paloma, please take a few moments to fill out the Employment Application and then submit using the form below.