We are hiring a highly qualified EL Paraprofessional for the 2023-2023 school year. We have a family environment and treat our team with respect. Competitive wages.
La Paloma Academy South is a charter school located at 5660 South 12th Avenue in Tucson. Feel free to visit and take a tour of the school. The campus is amazing, and our enrollment continues to grow.
We are looking for energetic, highly motivated and dedicated Paraprofessionals who are passionate about making a difference in students’ lives and want to join us in this dynamic work environment. The compensation for this position is $13.50-$15.50 with ASRS retirement and medical insurance.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS (Please do not apply if you do not meet ALL minimum requirements):
- Background check
- Must have the following credentials:
- High school diploma (or equivalent) and
- One of the following:
- Associate’s degree (or higher),
- Two years of college-level instruction, or
- A passing score on one of the approved paraprofessional assessments
- Valid IVP Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Strong communication skills
- Self-directed personality traits
- Courteous and professional demeanor and dress
- Ability to work from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday
- Ability to operate computers, classroom technology, and computer software (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, copiers, and cell phone functions such as text, email, etc.)
ALSO DESIRED (NOT REQUIRED):
- Track record of past academic achievement with children
- Willingness to bring other skills, abilities, ideas and time to the school in the form of after-school student offerings, or by the sponsoring of after-school clubs
- Experience working in the charter school sector
If you would like to apply for a position at La Paloma, please take a few moments to fill out the Employment Application and then submit using the form below.