La Paloma Academy prepares students based on Arizona’s College and Career Ready Standards (AZCCRS).
Today’s high school graduates are entering a global workforce and must be able to compete for jobs or college admission, not only against their peers in Arizona, but in other states and even other countries as well. That’s why La Paloma Academy employs the Arizona College and Career Ready Standards curriculum used by nearly every public and charter school in Arizona, and in almost every state in the country.
The Arizona College and Career Ready Standards are designed to improve educational outcomes for students by raising the bar for student performance to ensure they’ll be college and career ready.
This video from Expect More Arizona explains why the standards are so important for Arizona’s schools and students.
The Arizona Department of Education has a helpful website for parents who would like more information on the AZCCR Standards.
Core Reading Curriculum
- Reading Street, Pearson (grades K-4)
- Literature and Language, McDougal & Littell (grades 5-8)
Supplemental Reading Curriculum
- Reading A-Z
- RAZ Kids
- Scholastic News
Intervention Reading Curriculum
- Read Naturally Encore
- GATE Phonics
- Wilson Reading System
Core Math Curriculum
- EnVision Math, Pearson (grades K-5)
- Course 1, 2, 3, Pearson (grades 6-8)
Intervention Math Curriculum
- EnVision Intervention System, Pearson
- Houghton Mifflin Social Studies (all grades)
- Holt World History: We the People (grades 7-8)
- A More Perfect Union (grades 7-8)
- Discovery Works
- Prentice Hall Science Explorer
- Science Insights Exploring Earth
- Glencoe Physical Science with Earth Science
- Scholastic Science World
At La Paloma, we utilize an instructional program called Beyond Textbooks to guide our curriculum. Beyond Textbooks “refers to a philosophy of teaching and learning that transcends textbooks and state standards to strengthen support for communities of teachers, facilitate teaching and learning, and improve student growth and achievement.”