La Paloma Academy Lakeside offers an elite sports program for 5th-8th grades. Tryout information is posted in the downstairs hallway and on the sports board outside of Coach Joe’s office. Any student is allowed to try out for sports, however if a student that has made a sports team has any failing grades, they will be ineligible to play.
Fall (August – October)
Boys Flag Football
Winter (November – February)
Spring (February – May)
- All student athletes must have a current physical evaluation and clearance to participate in sports (forms are available in the Health Office).
- La Paloma Academy uses the Arizona Interscholastic Association Annual Physical Examination/Evaluation forms for our required sports physicals.
- The Mild Traumatic Brain Injury (MTBI)/Concussion form will be completed online, at school, by all 5th through 8th graders. This is required and will help students become aware of concussion signs for themselves and other students while in P.E. or after-school sports.
- Student athletes who are suspended from school may not participate or attend a game or practice.
- Student athletes who are absent from school may not participate or attend a game or practice on the day of absence.
- In order to be eligible for athletics, all student athletes must have a GPA of at least 1.5 as well as no failing grades in the five core classes.
- In order to be eligible for athletics, all junior high athletes must acquire positive house points.
- Student athletes’ grades/GPA will be checked every Monday.
- The first time a student is determined to be ineligible, they can practice but cannot play until they are passing a grade/GPA check.
- The next time they are determined to be ineligible, they cannot practice or play until they are passing a grade/GPA check.